"Makani" is a project implemented in cooperation with Kerk in Actie in the Netherlands targeting youth aged 18 - 30 in the West Bank. The project aims to provide a supportive environment for young people so they can take an active role in the society by creating safe spaces for them to learn about “Alternatives to Violence”. The project focuses on giving young people the opportunity for self-development to be able to contribute to social development on the local and national levels and the needed space to share their experiences, ideas, and knowledge around issues concerning them.
The project activities include:
- Building partnerships with youth groups and conducting participatory meetings for young people to share their thoughts and opinions and express their needs
- Conducting guidance meetings with youth and organizing recreational activities
- Conducting workshops around life skills and idea development
- Implementing community-based initiatives
- Organizing youth discussions around issues concerning them