"Sawasia 2" is a project implemented in partnership with the Palestinian NGO Forum for Combating Violence against Women (Al Muntada) and through joint funding from UNDP, UN Women, and UNICEF. The project aims to promote the protection of women against gender-based violence and contribute to building a Palestinian society that is more considerate of women’s needs and more supportive of women’s rights.
The project activities include:
- Writing a position paper around the Family Protection Bill and a petition demanding its adoption by the Palestinian government
- Conducting meetings with policymakers to lobby for the ratification of the Family Protection Bill
- Taking part in the 16 Days of Activism against Gender-Based Violence annual international campaign
- Conducting training workshops around advocacy, gender equality and human rights
- Implementing youth-led initiatives to support the adoption of the Family Protection Bill
- Implementing a media campaign to advocate for the adoption of the Family Protection Bill